Master (M2) IREN
Network Industries & Digital Economy
Network industries are at the heart of the current economic transformation. They have been opened up to competition which has drastically changed the structure and functioning of these industries. They are also transforming the infrastructures of the economy. The rapid digitalization of the economy, fuelled by advances of information technologies, has led to the emergence of new industrial players and new services. It also changes the design, production, distribution and consumption of goods and services.
The master IREN Network Industries and Digital Economy (http://masteriren.eu/) is an international graduate program of excellence. Its aim is to train dynamic students to allow them to master the principles driving network industries and the digital economy. The programme will give the students a comprehensive and scientifically grounded set of analyses and methodologies to monitor the rapidly evolving phenomena. This program should boost their careers either in the academia or in companies, governments, consumer based organizations, or institutions of regulation.
The program has two options (research and professional training) and specialization is organized along four tracks: Digital Economics, Innovation, Competition and regulatory issues, Market Design.
The Master IREN is an educational partnership between two Universities (Paris Dauphine and Paris-Sud) and three Grandes Ecoles (Ecole Polytechnique, Supélec and Télécom-ParisTech).
This diverse partnersuhip has produce one unique Master program.
- Students graduated with a first year master degree (M1) in Management, Economics, Science, Mathematics and Statistic Enginee-ring, Political Sciences.
- 3rd year of the engineering schools involved in the IREN project (Télécom ParisTech, Supélec, Ecole Polytechnique).
- Students graduated with a second year master degree (M2), other French or foreign degrees admitted in equivalence of master.
Students benefit from competencies available from the research centres and research professors from partner institutions in the areas of network industries and the digital economy. They also have access to a rich and varied professional environment: research networks, relations with economic actors and institutions, international integration.
Training is in economics and management and covers :
- Economics relevant for understanding market dynamics and appropriate regulation of network industries
- Corporate strategies and the firms’ ability to change their design, production, distribution, and internal organization models
- Institutional mechanisms and legal principals impacting the management of firms and the organization of markets
Combined technical and economic dimensions of networks
This post is also available in: French